• Announcements

• Meredith

Confirmation Email   10/31/17

Note to guests concerning email confirmation to join this forum: Before you contact an admin/moderator please first check your SPAM or junk folders first and be sure to add vivaco.in to your safe list. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Meredith

If I wanted to start mining, what is the recommended equipment?

Nenad    6

My understanding is that Viva does not get mined as such, although there is a plan to introduce worker nodes which will provide an income in Viva (they will basically rent out resources on your PC for those that want to use them).

Meredith    124

What about mining in general? Do you think it's worth getting something like an Antminer for BTC mining or would that be throwing money down the toilet with all of these forks?

JTStreetman    32
7 hours ago, Meredith said:

What about mining in general? Do you think it's worth getting something like an Antminer for BTC mining or would that be throwing money down the toilet with all of these forks?

Personally, from what I have seen or read, now days it is really only profitable if you have millions to invest. Most that have small mining setups are doing it for the "Coolnes" factor, as a hobby. ROI is non happening, considering the cost of electricity. (That same money) invested (In Viva) could show some real returns.

Just my humble opinion !

• Like 2

Yeah mining has really become a wealthy person's game and very risky. ASICs dominate Bitcoin and Litecoin, Dash, most of the big coins. You can still do GPUs with Ethereum, Zcash and some of the other minor proff of work coins, but again, It's quite time consuming and you almost have to guess right to mine the right coin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kooshikoo    8

Hmm, I hope it's not quite as bad in regards to GPU mining, as I have just invested in compnents for a  new gaming computer with some GPU's. I don't know how it will turn out, as one component was defective, and had to be returned. It has an amd ryzen threadripper, a really good CPU, and there are some options that are profitable for CPU mining, especially monero. But I plan to support scientific research later, with Gridcoin, and maybe join the nexus earth mining pool.

• Like 1